Thursday, November 1, 2012

Video: Creepy Manyika Look

I've had a bit of a problem with properly rendering this video so that's why it took way too long for me to do this post.

I had such a great time doing this look and all the preparations that went with it. The most exciting part was discovering that there is a store in the city that retails the Ben Nye products! So, after buying the Spirit Gum along with the Nose & Scar Wax, I ordered the creepy contact lens from a nearby optical shop and from there, I was good to go!

I know the Halloween parties are pretty much over but I think you can still do this look if you're gonna have a themed Christmas party - uhm zombies, anyone?

Initially, I wanted to do a ghostly Maria Clara but I couldn't find the right dress to go with it. So, I went with my next option, which is the creepy manyika (doll). I'm really happy with the results and I hope you try it out as well!

The products you'll need are:

For doll-like porcelain skin, I used this white cake foundation from Fashion 21. It retails for around P300 and with that price, you get amazing value! It is very easy to use and also has a really nice smell.



 I made the scar using two products from Ben Nye:

'scar' wax


Adhesive for the 'scar'

 For the eye bags, I used a mixture of blue and purple hues from my trusty Sephora makeup box.

  

To outline the circular blush, I mixed a mid-brown shade with these two shadows from my Ever Bilena Tokyo eyeshadow duo:


The rest of the products are:

FaceShop False Eyelashes
Fashion21 Cream e/s stick in Pearl
NYX lipliners
Amazing Concealer
Benefit Posietint
Fake Thick Blood

--->>

Here is the video. Hope you enjoy!



I can't choose the thumbnail I want on YouTube (grr) so I'm posting more photos of this look. I look like I could be the poster girl for creepy stuff, right? hehe

(Edit 11 Dec 2012: I recently became a YouTube partner and that means I can now customize my video thumbnails - yey!)







I actually think this one looks rather cute, not scary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment