Monday, November 19, 2012

Exfoliate For Better Skin: How I use the PMD System

I had severe acne when I was growing up - it began when I was around nine years old and cleared up right after I graduated from High School.

And because it flared up right at the time I was going through adolescence, it really hampered my self-esteem.

I remember trying everything to somehow mitigate the acne from regularly getting facials, mildly exfoliating my skin and using various kinds of creams/serums.

The weird thing about my situation was that my acne cleared up when I started using a no-name papaya soap my mom used to buy from her colleague. I figured the papaya enzymes effectively stopped my pores from producing too much oil, thus making the zits finally go away. Whatever made it so effective, I am just thankful that it did help me.

But there are remnants of that period of my life, I have some scars on my nose and cheeks. Although the scars are not deep, they are there and I hate them. Up to this day, I believe that my sister was right when she told me NEVER to touch my pimples or wash my face after getting facials because supposedly that causes the dented scars.

 


Since then, I've been very careful with my skin. I used to purchase  professional exfoliation services from a local skincare boutique once a month. The price was quite hefty at P2,000 a pop but I was really keen on getting it, otherwise, I was afraid the pimples would come back.

So, when I discovered PMD Microdermabrasion system, I instantly wanted to try it out.

After weighing the pros and cons, I gave in and ordered the system online. It retails around P10k to P11k including shipping costs.

I am so happy that I went ahead with the purchase because not only do I administer the exfoliation myself at the convenience of my home, but it is also saving me a lot of money in the process! I no longer feel the need to get Powerpeels because I feel like the PMD is good enough to take its place. Now, I can use that P2k for something else or maybe save it or something. :)

By the way, I have a homemade recipe for skin exfoliation. Give me a shout if you want me to blog about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment