Monday, October 1, 2012

The Mod List: My Top Nude Lipsticks

Hey 'er girls and boys.

The holiday season is upon us and for us lovelies, that means there is a string of parties (from Halloween to the New Year's celebrations) we will be preparing for. ICantWait!!

Because I understand the process we go through in choosing the right outfit and the banging makeup that goes with it, I'm sharing my top six favorite nude lippies you can wear to complete any type of look you are aiming for.

*MAC Cherish*



MAC Cherish lipstick is a rich, nude beige that is in a creamy Satin formula. What I love about this is it gives me an opaque coverage that lasts 3-4 hours without touch-up. I like wearing it with a soft smokey brown eyes or a subtle pink makeup look.

Cheaper Alternative: Wet ‘N’ Wild 902C (around P150)

*MAC Brave*

This is my go-to lipstick on a typical work day. On my very pigmented lips, it is a muted pink with brown undertone. I wear it with either a neutral brown makeup or a dark smokey eyes, usually with the help of a gloss to sparkle things up. The good thing about this lipstick it I believe those with medium to dark skin tone could easily pull this off. So, add this one to your collection!

Cheaper Alternative:NYX Thalia (around P320)

*MAC Taupe*
My favorite lipstick formula is matte so I get it whenever I see a shade I can totally rock! Same goes with MAC Taupe, which on me, is a muted brick brown. It gives me full coverage and it lasts up to five hours without re-touches.  Like I mentioned above, I have very pigmented lips and what got me so excited about this shade is it looks like my lips, only better and richer.I love this shade so much, I actually wore it on my first ever makeup tutorial

The only downside is you may have to moisturize your lips first before applying, as matte lipsticks do have a tendency to flake.

Cheaper Alternative: Revlon Cocoa Craving (around P470)


*Benefit Lady's Choice*

You know those days when you just want to look natural but girly and sweet at the same time? Think Regina George from Mean Girls or maybe Cher from Clueless. This lipstick will give you that look. It is a flattering neutral pink petal shade that goes on smooth and creamy. High points are it lasts 3-4 hours on my lips and that it does not washes me out, which a lot of nude lipsticks do (example: Revlon Nude Attitude).

Cheaper Alternative: NYX Black Label Lipstick in Dusty Rose (around P320)

*NYX Diva*

This shade is part of the Black Label series NYX came out a few years ago. It is a warm mauve pink that is absolutely a great buy for its price. The consistency is smooth and very lightweight, unlike the thin and flimsy formula most NYX round lipsticks have. Also, the divine candy-like smell is a plus!

The con - it is not long-wearing. I noticed that by the second hour, the product is virtually gone on my lips.

No cheap alternative for this one since it is cheap! *wink*

*TWO FACED Totally Nude*

It is the perfect lip shade if you want a classic 50's toned-down look and although the name is Totally Nude, the color pay-off is actually orangey brown. I love the packaging, the formula and the pigmentation.

Cheaper Alternative: I still have to search for this one.

I just love the versatility of nude shades on my lips: you can wear it to work and look professional with its understated tone or you can don it to amp up the sultriness of smokey eyes on a night out.

Did you like my top nude lippies? Give me feedback on the comments box!

xoxo,

 

4 comments:

  1. Omg MAC Brave looks beautiful! I think these are nice choices for medium skin tones, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No biggie Ida! I'll be using these products on upcoming tuts. Thanks for dropping by. kisses*

      Delete
  2. I just got Mac Taupe, I love how Brave looks on you, will try it sometime. Thanks for the post.
    Chii

    ReplyDelete