Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wedding Series: Pegs, Gowns, Designer Lust, etc

He asked. I said yes.

Then, everything falls perfectly into place, happily ever after and all that stuff, right? Not Really. 

It occurred to me that first of all, I need to check my lazy ass at the door and get organized fast! And Oh. My. Gawd. the list of suppliers we need to book is daunting. It's like a spoiled, rich girl's credit card bill - it just goes on and on.

Nobody told me I need to break a sweat before I get my fairy tale ending! Lols

But kidding aside, I've decided to start a series dedicated to my wedding - from the church down to the souvenirs. I believe writing down my ideas would really help me gain a solid grasp on the preparations as well as maybe help those of you who are also planning for the big day.
On top of the list: Pegs, Gowns and Dresses

So, Henry and I (in other words, ME lols) have chosen to get inspiration from the golden era of the 50s-60s as the general theme for our wedding. The first thing that I've decided on was the design for the entourage dresses.

I want my girls to look chic ala Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and all those classically gorgeous women.




For my gown, I want it to have that vintage feel with a touch of romantic modernity. Honestly, I can't picture what that would look like so I will leave that to the designer. Speaking of which, I want to get the someone whom I believe I can foster a fun and harmonious relationship with. I want that person to be like my lover- someone who would remain dedicated, committed and in love with me. At least, until the day I tie the knot. 

In the la-la land, I want Alexander McQueen, Vera Wang or Monique Lhuillier. Well, maybe in my next lifetime. Ha-ha.

Among the local names, I want Francis Libiran, Veluz Reyes or Michael Cinco. 

But, Henry might suffer a premature heart attack if I insist on any of them. So, again, chalk that off as my designer wet dream.

Just between you and me, I've set up a meeting with Francis next week. I just want to meet him, okay!? Still, don't tell Henry. Lols

Wedding fairy godmother, I need you!!

Anyway, here are some of the gowns I am lusting for:
I want to capture her 60s vibe on my gown and makeup

Hello Vera Wang!

Classic Grace Kelly

I've spoken with a few designers but so far, none has captured the ideal persona I am looking for.
Anyhoo, I'm off to a meeting with another designer.I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one!
 
What do you think of my theme? Ideas, critiques, rants and raves are welcome at the comment section!

Cheers,

2 comments:

  1. I like the top left and right in the "Hello Vera Wang!" photo! :) If you need help, we're here lang Anna! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For reals, hams!? I do need help! I'll make sure you guys look perfect on the big day as well! :) Thanks babe! muah! *.*

      Delete