Thursday, September 20, 2012

UAAP Cheerdance: My UST School Spirit Makeup

I was halfway through college when UST scored the championship title at the UAAP Men's Basketball Division a few years ago and I can still vividly remember the joy that deliciously filled the air in our campus weeks after that event.

I'm telling you, everyone - from the administrators to the students and even manong from the siomai stand in Dapitan - soaked in the victory.

And like hot chocolate fudge on top of a creamy double-scoop vanilla ice cream, the UST Salinggawi dance troupe also clinched their fifth-consecutive win on the cheerdance competition!

So, you can just imagine the ecstasy those titles gave all of us. It was like we were constantly smoked-up all high during those days.

School spirit - sometimes it can drive people crazy, you know? :)

Now, let me get started with makeup, which is the main subject of the day, lest I forget after the nauseating nostalgia I just submitted myself into.

The UAAP Cheerdance Competition is on Saturday and to pay homage to my Alma Mater, I did this bright yellow makeup as my own little way of cheering for UST.



Prep the Skin:

Getting sick over the last few days has left my skin dull and lifeless. To solve that, I used Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm to brighten up my face. This time around, I skipped foundation and used The Balm Sexy Mama Anti-Shine Powder.


Brows/Eyes:

Since yellow could be overpowering, I decided to keep my brows quite natural and just groom it in place with MAC's tinted brow gel in Girl Boy.  
For the ever-crucial concealer, I initially dabbed MAC's Studio Fix concealer in NC20 with my fingers under my eyes. Taking a dome-shaped brush, I blended the product from the inside corners of the eyes, down to the top of my cheeks then up again to the outside corners.
Left: Tinted brow gel
Right: Real Techniques crease brush and MAC concealer
Blending the concealer in a u-shape under the eyes will give you a highlighted effect. 



For the lids, I used a matte yellow shade from Revlon's eye shadow quad in Sexbomb. I simply pushed it on my lids with the sponge applicator that came with the palette, then blended it out with my fingers. I also run the e/s on my lower lids.



Taking Prestige's black liquid eyeliner, I draw a thick winged-out line on top of my lids. 

Next, I brushed my upper lashes with three coats of  CoverGirl's Lash Blast Mascara in Black. I then took whatever was left on the mascara wand and applied it on my lower lashes.



As a final touch on the eyes, I used a white eyeliner from LA Girls to brighten my peepers. 



Contours:

Whenever you use a bright-colored eye shadow, you need to warm up the rest of the face. To do so, I use MAC's Harmony blush to contour the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jawline.


Lips:

I used a lip creme from Sephora but first I want to show you guys this makeup box set my fiance gave me as a Christmas gift.

Isn't it just splendid?? :)

So anyway, I used the third color from the left (fifth row) then applied it on my lips with a Real Techniques lip brush. But any red lippy will work, really.


Final Look: 

I really love this look, so I'm posting a bit more photos than usual. Hope you don't mind.










I know all the other schools will also kick ass this coming Saturday but keep your eyes peeled for the Salinggawi dance troupe. They will definitely rock the stadium!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Pretty!!! Im doing this look tomorrow! Thank you Anne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, super love it when I get feedbacks :) have fun with the look!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms. Anne :) Wow, we're both Thomasian alumni po pala. Amazing makeup. USTeng USTe! Like it Ms. Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korek usteng-uste! That's awesome thomasian ka din! What was your major? :)

    ReplyDelete