Monday, September 17, 2012

Flirty Pink-Purple Makeup

When in doubt, skip the sushi counter.

That's the lesson I unfortunately learned when my stomach fought with me the entire weekend after I gobbled like three platters of sashimi Friday evening. 

I had an inkling that the quality of the sushi from that restaurant was not at par with the standards of the other buffets we frequent to, but I just can never stop myself from happily crowding my plate with raw fishes when it's right there! in front of me!

Sheesh, what pains I suffered for my gluttony.

Moving on...

As I noted in my sneak-peek post, I will be using drugstore makeup products for this flirty pink-purple look.

It's quite easy to do, something you could wear when you're going out on a casual date -  it's gonna look fun and sassy without coming off as try-hard. Nobody wants that, right?

Here you go, I hope you like it!

Step 1- Prep

For that fresh and flawless look, I reached out for my HG bb cream and with a powder blush, I buffed it into my skin in small circular motions to make sure the product doesn't sit on top of my pores.

I skipped setting the bb cream with powder, but if you want the makeup to last longer, go ahead and do so.

Skin79 Super+ Hot Pink BB Cream in its cute mini sample bottle





Step 2 - Brows 
To make my brows appear fuller and youthful, I  lightly filled in the sparse areas of my brows with Ever Bilena's brown eyebrow pencil then followed it up with ELF's clear brow gel to brush the hairs in place.

  
Face Prepped / Brows Softly Defined

Step 3 - Eyes

Note: Please refer to the photo below for the products I will be mentioning  since I was not able to take individual shots for some of the tools used for this tutorial. Sorry.



For the eye makeup, I used a couple of products from Fashion21.

The first is the e/s trio palette (price: P150) that contains shades in pink, purple and white. But since I find that they are not very pigmented, I used  a white cream base to make the colors pop.

I swiped F21's cream eyeshadow in Pearl (price: P85) on my lids straight from the stick, then softly blended the edges with my finger.

I also used this cream e/s to brighten my waterline.

Next, using a flat shader brush, I pressed the pink shadow on top of the cream base. Make sure to use dabbing motions when applying the main lid color, otherwise the color pay-off won't be as good.




Don't swipe, press!

To add drama to the eyes, take a fluffy brush and deposit the purple e/s into the crease area. Swirl the color back and forth, then bring it down from the outer corner to create a slight v-shape.

Take your flat shader brush again, dip it in the purple e/s, then run it along your lower lashline.
Lastly, I took the same pencil I used to groom my brows to draw a line on my upper lids.

Blend to get a gradient effect

For the lashes, I used a 2-in-1 product from Ever Bilena that has a primer on one end and  mascara on the other.

This product is very affordable at P150 and the result is really good if you're in the mood for subtlety, but for due to what I prefer for this look, I added a couple of coats of Maybelline's False Lashes mascara to to get that full-volume effect.

Top: Primer and Mascara
Bottom: Results

Step 4 - Cheeks and Lips

Mainly for its convenience, I used The Face Shop's Petit I Cheek Stick 01 in Pink Pong Pong.


Blend to avoid looking like a clown :)


Now for the lips, I used NYX's Dolly Pink lipliner to define my pout then glided Ever Bilena's Ravishing lip gloss on top.

And yes, I use my iPhone as a mirror. Please don't judge me. ^^

Shade the entire lips with the liner


The Final Look:

*Just for fun, I wore my über girly H&M mink fur hat to go with the makeup*









Btw, I'll be announcing the winner for my giveaway tomorrow!

See yah!


2 comments:

  1. Great! Where do you live? It seems like you're not in the Philippines. I do blog designs. If ever you're interested please email bellaandkevin@hotmail.com :)

    http://mamibells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bella! I'm currently based here in Manila, actually. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I may need some help with blog designs. I'll email you about it. :)

      Delete