Friday, September 7, 2012

Date Night: Outfit and Makeup

Picture this: you're going out on a Saturday night but you don't have anything fabulous to wear! Que horror! So, you decide to just head to the mall and pick up something new to impress your hot date with.

Okay, stop right there.

Now, breathe.

Remember, you don't have to splurge any more than you have to; especially, considering that the next pay day is a lightyear away.

So, what you have to do is check your closet again and I suggest put on a black ensemble -maybe the good ol' LBD ala Audrey Hepburn- then pair it with some simple makeup  to achieve that 'glammed-up' but effortless look.

I say black because we all have it lying around and come to think of it, its magical 'thinnification' effect is not an unwelcome factor either *wink wink*. Another thing is, it makes it easier for us to pull off the polished with an edge style.

Black is the fashion default - you can never look over-dressed or under-dressed with it on.

So, this was exactly what I did when I went out for a dinner buffet (edit: hello! black is love when you're about to get stuffed with good food) a couple of nights ago.

Left photo with flash / Right photo no flash

The top is a sweetheart sleeveless blouse with florets detailing from Kashieca that I bought like early this year. I added the black sash, which I borrowed from my 12-year-old niece, to give my waist some definition. Very clever of me, if I may say so myself. ☺

The tights are an oldie that I've had for the longest time - I think I bought it from a tiangge in Hong Kong back in 2009.


Ankle booties for added height
For my feet bling, I wore my two-inch ankle boots from Zara. And you're right, I also bought them during their sale, which I've mentioned in an earlier post.

I love the embossed florets on this top
I kept my makeup simple and very minimalistic, as I mentioned above. 



I brushed my brows with a tinted brow gel to groom it in place. For the eyes, I lightly swiped my lids with a gold eyeshadow then, lined my lower lids with gold eyeliner. Lastly, I finished it off with a slight cat-eye liner.


Products Used:
 Mac's Girl Boy Brow Gel
Random Gold Eyeshadow
Milani's Gold Eyeliner
Two Faced's Sex Kitten lipstick (mentioned here
Prestige's liquid eyeliner in black
For the face, just my MAC compact powder


My Saturday night game face LOL


Have a happy weekend, you guys!!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment