Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Instant Happiness - New Beauty Stash

Warning - post loaded with product lust

You guys know I love makeup, right?

I don't know why but just looking at an array of makeup under the soft (insert cosmetic brand here) store lighting gives me a sense of happiness. Whenever I'm stressed out, a new tube of lipstick never fails to cheer me up.

But since not all great cosmetics brands have established presence here in our country, the next best option for us makeupholics is the Internet. Once or twice a year, I scour Amazon to pick up some of the goodies (makeup and more) that are not being offered here in Manila.

Actually, let me make a small correction on that last statement: I get to choose the products I like then my fiance would arrange all that needs to be done after. Oh, I just love him.

Scroll down for the goodies ↓↓↓

Real Techniques Brushes




You may have heard about these brushes since the proprietor Samantha Chapman makes 1/2 of Pixiwoo, one of the more famous beauty channels on YouTube.

What I love about these are the great quality (which is comparable to high-end brushes like MAC and Sigma), the unique colored handles, the soft bristles and the very affordable prices! 

I got the starter kit (with purple handles) for US$16.88 - that's only around P708, while the core collection (with gold handles) was priced at US$17.98 or P751.16 to be exact. 

For reference, one MAC brush could cost anywhere between P1,000 to P1,800. 

A Closer Look
Don't they look all pretty standing up? :)

Two Faced - Lip of Luxury and Lime Crime

(Right Photo) Lime Crime's Cosmo Pop, Two Faced's Totally Nude & Sex Kitten
You won't believe how bad and how long I've been wanting to own something from Lime Crime. I can still remember the anxiety that I felt waiting for my sil-2-be and her hubby to get back from Japan a couple of months ago, hoping against hope that they were able to squeeze in a visit at their store in Tokyo.

But it turns out the frickin' Lime Crime store is harder to find than the elusive Waldo!

Swatches: Cosmo Pop, Totally Nude & Sex Kitten
Anyway, Cosmopop ($16)  is like a creamy, softened orange that gives me warm peachy puckers. I've read complaints that the formula has a tendency to dry and settle on the lines of the lips, but I think a little gloss on top could solve that problem.

For the Two Faced lippies, I must admit that I was just on my 'click-happy' mode when I purchased these so I was pleasantly surprised to see that the color payoff is really, really good.

Totally Nude looks peachy-brown on my NC20 skin while Sex Kitten has a cool-toned red shade with pixel-sized gold glitters. Both has a cream sheen finish and lasts 2-4 hours without touch-ups.

MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl

I've heard a lot of great things about this cream highlighter but unfortunately, our local MAC counters don't have it. The texture is very light and it gives off a subtle luminosity that looks soft enough for daytime and very glamorous on a night out.




PMD Personal Microderm

And last but certainly not the least is the PMD Personal Microderm System, which takes your home exfoliating regimen to the next level. It is a hand-held device that sloughs away dead skin cells, fine lines and dark spots, hence making way for a younger-looking you!



Utilizing the the same aluminum oxide crystals used by skin clinics, it is basically similar to the microdermabrasion services being offered by Manila-based aesthetic houses like Flawless, Dermastrata, Belo Medical, etc.

The discs hold the aluminum oxide crystals that exfoliate the skin
Another bit of good news is that since I bought this product from ShopNBC, I was able to get ten extra discs for free!! Woohoo!!

Oh, by the way, as I mentioned earlier that I do this kind of thing once or twice a year, let me share with you some of the things I got on my first loot 4 or 5 months ago.


You guys don't think I'll leave you high and dry after showing you all these, right? I'm actually preparing something nice and sweet in celebration of my new blog and it's coming very, very soon!!


Toodles for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment