Friday, February 19, 2016

Lunch Hour Escape

I believe that you can never spoil yourself too much - that's why I indulge myself with certain pampering luxuries as often as possible, as much as possible.

I enjoy treating myself to deep-cleansing facials once a month, radio frequency treatments every fortnight along with mani/pedi (that I coincide with my husband's haircut schedule) and some other services that pique my interest.

I developed a chronic pain on my right shoulder while working on an early morning shift (5AM - 1PM) in 2011. I would inadvertently fall asleep on my desk on a wayward position that ultimately wrecked my back.

For this reason, I have to say that one of my favorite indulgences is a full body massage - I revel at the sensation of cracking those stress knots on my back, while rhythmically easing the tensed muscles by targeting pressure points on my body.


Today, I decided to spend my lunch hour in a spa located along San Agustin Street in Makati.

I judge a spa by its looks and how it smells like hence, the warm feel of the space with the soft scent of essential oils wafting through the air both ticked my yes boxes




The interiors of  Utopia Spa looks really cozy and the fact that its service menu has a list of reasonably-priced one-hour massages made me inexplicably giddy to start my session.

Here I am with a friend while waiting for our turn. We both signed up for the Deep Tissue massage. 













The nature-inspired theme extends all the way through the spa's massage rooms. Starting with a five-minute foot soak, I can say that I was thoroughly satisfied with way the therapist massaged me.

I am pointing this out because I usually get disappointed with some therapists for failing to give me the level of pressure that I want.






Plus, I love the pink kimono-inspired outfits they asked me to put on before starting the therapy. 

To close off my entry, I'd say that the experience was really nice. 

If I have to give a rating, Utopia Spa is four starts out of five. Definitely worth spending your lunch hour for,









No comments:

Post a Comment