Saturday, August 18, 2012

90s Makeup Nostalgia Part 1


Thinking about the 90s brings back memories of the Kate and Johnny romance, Daria, Sweet Valley High (or was it just me?), Dawson's Creek and dare I say, the velvet choker!



And right at the top of my 'why I love the 90s' list, is the era's polished, earth tones makeup made all the more fabulous by the supermodels of that time.


Cindy and Linda Rocking the 90s Look

The look was all about the strong brows, soft brown eyes, matte face and well-defined pouts framed by thick and beach-y hairstyles.

As the 90s progressed, we saw this natural makeup look begin to change and soon it transformed into its softer version: the brows are less thick, peachy tones tinged the eyes and cheeks and lip gloss started to make a comeback as well.

Cher and Carrie with the mid to late 90s natural makeup trend
So, suffice to say that I am totally all over the 90s right now. That's why I am taking inspiration from this decade to recreate the look I've always wanted to try.

Next up: my version of the 90s natural makeup look!! Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment