Monday, February 11, 2013

Post Digital Perming Hair Care

Hey 'er boys and girls!

I know, I know it has been WEEKS since I last posted, but I have two words for the erm, content delay: Wedding Preparations.

I am telling you, my schedule has been been filled to the brink because of the seemingly endless suppliers we need to book. And because I am still being a persistent know-it-all, I still haven't tapped a wedding coordinator.

Actually, I almost booked one but that girl turned out to be a prick - good thing she showed her true colors before we paid her asking price. Sheesh, there are a lot of, for a lack of better word, unpleasant people in Manila's very small wedding industry.

That reminds me, I need to do a new post for my wedding series on this blog. I think I just wrote one article for that, like four months ago. tee-hee!

Anyway, I got my hair digi-permed late in December and I've been wanting to share with you guys the aftercare products I use for my locks.

I was actually very frustrated because I couldn't find products that are specifically engineered for curly hair anywhere in the city. Its like every product is for straight hair only. Let's blame the media for this single-mindedness, shall we?

Shampoo

Good thing we now have access to more international products via SnR, where I was able to buy TIGI Catwalk Curlesque shampoo.





I paid around P600 for a full-size 750ml bottle and since I just use a small coin-size amount every time I bathe, I feel like this would last me for a very long time. Good investment right there. Another good thing about this is it is sulfate-free, which would aid in prolonging my chemically-enhanced curls. This baby is absolutely a must try.

Conditioner/Treatment

For the crucial conditioner/treatment, I was eyeing Kerastase Oleo-Curl Masque but since it has been discontinued, I opted to try their Chroma Captive hair treatment instead. I figured since my hair has  been bleached/dyed, I can't go wrong with this choice.



And boy, was I right. This product, which retails for around P2,700 makes my hair so soft and glossy that I couldn't help but use it everyday. But because I know this thing is meant for a rigid once-a-week regimen, I apply it three to four inches from my roots so as to avoid any harsh effects on my scalp.
  
Post-Shower Products

I reckon that the leave-in products is just as crucial as the shampoo and conditioners I use to enhance the curls of my digi-permed hair. So, I paid extra attention in choosing the right post-shower products.

Initially, as recommended by my friend as well as our peers in various review forums, I use Monea Curl Defining Milk as my main curl-defining hair lotion.

For just P99, this product is pretty good in keeping my curls defined. But, the cons are it makes my hair a bit heavy, sticky - making the overall texture quite coarse and drier. Que horror!!

So, when my ever-sweet fiance (who did his own research for digi-perm aftercare products) gave me the Kerastase Oleo Curl leave-in cream, I was beyond joyous. I love its fresh tangy smell and how it keeps my hair pretty lightweight while enhancing the curls as well.

However, because I really love the definition Monea gave my hair, I decided to mix the two products up. This way, I get the curl-holding prowess (big word! haha) from Monea, while the Kerastase product gives me the softness that I want.

After applying the mixture of these two products, I twist my hair up and keep it as is for more than hour (my travel time from home to office).

As a finishing touch, I get a couple of pumps of Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care and lightly rub it on my hair from root to tips for a little bit of sheen and added softness.





My hair after my daily regimen:



Hope that helps those of you who are looking for post digital perming hair products!

Kisses, Anne ^.^

1 comment:

  1. Hi everybody! The best clinic for Hair transplant in Delhi is Klinik Esthetika. So Klinik Esthetika is the best clinic for Hair Transplant India.

    ReplyDelete