Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm Back!! Let's Catch Up!

And I'm sorry for the hiatus during the holidays.

I spent the Christmas week in Hong Kong, where the low-temp weather was a welcome break from the unusually hot December we were having in Manila.

We stayed at the Marco Polo Gateway and I'm actually quite surprised that for a camwhore like me, I did not take photos of our rooms. But, I did take a couple of shots of Three on Canton, the official breakfast hub during our six-day stay in HK.

Three on Canton
Salad Bar
Egg Station
Bacon, croissant and eggs:
How my plate basically looked like everyday lols


I'm a breakfast person and I'm quite particular with the quality of food (read: bacon), ambiance and even the people frequenting the place whenever we're outside the country, so Three on Canton was like heaven for me.

The hotel also offered club members a daily spread of merienda buffet:







What I love about HK is practically every establishment (especially high-end boutiques like LV,Gucci, etc) has a queue. But I find it quite amusing that we found ourselves lining up for various dining hubs:

Here I am waiting in line for BLT Burger:


And after half an hour or so, this is what we get: a scrumptious, mouth-watering, kill-your-diet BLT burger and an order of crispy fries



for Crystal Jade:


I ordered a bowl of spicy beef ramen and it was okay, but well, it was a wee bit too, too spicy for me.


So, I just feasted on these instead:

Shrimps with salted egg yolk

Noodles in soya sauce

Beef with cashew nuts

The longest wait we had for a restaurant was for Din Tai Fung. Sorry no picture of us waiting, because I was prolly too tired/frustrated to do so.



But its infamous xiao long bao was definitely worth the wait.

Here we shifted from the traditional and tried the version with black truffles.


Oh, the culprits of my holiday weight! Damn you all!

To make it up to you guys, I am planning to put up my New Year giveaway video tomorrow! Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment